We follow the Information Privacy Act 2000 and the Health Records Act 2001.
- Core Control Physiotherapy is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which we collect.
- We collect and handle a range of personal information for the purposes of providing services.
- We are bound by the Victorian privacy laws, the Information Privacy Act 2000 and the Health Records Act 2001, as well as other laws which impose specific obligations in regard to handling information.
- We store information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access.
- We retain information for the period authorised by the Public Records Act 1973 - 7years from last documentation or in the case of a minor, 7years after that individual turns 18years of age.
- We will make information available to another health service provider if requested by the individual.
- We will only collect personal information that is necessary for appropriate treatment of the individual and provision of services by Core Control Physiotherapy.
- Information collected may be disclosed to your other treating health care practitioners; third party to comply with law within Australia; or as required to protect our users or the public from harm. We will always attempt to contact you for permission prior to disclosing any information if given time to do so.
- As a client at Core Control Physiotherapy you have the right to seek access to your personal information and make corrections under the Victorian Freedom of Information Act.
- We retain your details when you make a booking or enquiry online, over the phone, in writing or in person to contact you regarding your enquiry or booking, send you relevant information, offers or marketing relating to Core Control Physiotherapy. You may request for your information to be removed from such lists.
We care about your privacy and the security of your personal information. Please contact us immediately if you want to discuss this further or have any concerns.
For further information please contact us: